Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Learning Lesson

As parents, I think we constantly learn what parenting skills work best for our children and we are constantly learning the "do's' and "dont's" of parenting.  Well...last Wednesday, I learned a very valuable lesson.  I thought I should share to possibly help another parent learn from my ignorance or my mistake.

We had registered Kali for Xplosion, a dance team in Center Point, she will be starting in October.  One of her good friend's Macoy is also going to attend this with her.  I was talking to Macoy's mom and Kali asked me if she could unlock the car to show Macoy our car...well yah...that's right....I guess you can probably see where this is going, So, I gave the keys to Kali and she unlocked the door and also went into the front seat and also started my car.  I was right behind our car, so I quickly ran to the front seat, and shut off the ignition.  I WAS SO SHOCKED that Kali started the car.  I have never seen her do this before nor did I think she knew how.  I was shocked that she would even think to do it.  So, to make a long story short, Kali won't be getting the keys for a long time....probably not until she is 14.  We had several long talks about "what could have happened" and "things kids shouldn't do."  So, I guess I'm sharing this so that none of you have to encounter this.  Thank goodness nothing bad happened, so it was a very good lesson learned on my part and one for Kali as well.  I guess you don't assume your child knows what not to do.  You need to walk them through everything!!!  

A couple pictures from the weekend.......


Kisha and Rizo soaking up some rays!


Hoyt wearing Kali's Iowa sweatshirt.  It definitely has been getting chilly when the sun goes down!!!  Fall is in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment