Sunday, August 25, 2013

Meet and Greet and Kali's First Day of 1st Grade

Thursday August 15, Kali and Hoyt had their Meet and Greet at Center Point.  Kali will be in 1st Grade and Hoyt will be doing 3 year old Preschool, 2 days a week for 3 hours  a day!!!  They both met their teachers and unpacked all of their school supplies. They were both pretty excited!

 

 
Tuesday August 20th was Kali's first day of 1st Grade!!! I can't believe how BIG she is getting.  Chad and I dropped her off at school for the first day!  I was quite surprised, but there were no tears shed by either of us.  We went into the school and dropped her off to her 1st grade pod and she gave us both a kiss and joined her friends.  It was very simple!!! 
 
 
 






Kali sitting in her 1st grade pod with her friends before school starts!
 
Typically on M-W-F, Kali will ride the school bus from Urbana (from her daycare) to CP (school) and then will ride after school every day to daycare in Urbana. On Tuesday and Thursday, once Hoyt starts Preschool, I will drop them off at CP School and then the school bus will take them to Urbana after school. I was a little nervous at the end of the first day for Kali to get on the correct bus, since Kali has never had to ride a bus before and she didn't ride the bus that morning. I had told her many times, her bus number was 122. So, when I picked her up at the sitter, she did tell me that she got on the wrong bus (bus #2) but the helper helped  her get on the correct bus!  Thank goodness.  She was told some of the rules on the bus is that she can't fall asleep and she can't eat on the bus....two things I didn't know! Kali also said that she thought 1st grade was going to be a lot harder than Kindergarten! 
 
Well, we survived the first day and the first week of school!  So that is a plus!!!  We only had a couple issues.  I learned that school does wear Kali out and we are trying to find a happy medium of what time Kali should get to bed at night because Kali does require a lot of sleep!  Kali said on the 2nd day during Library, she did dose off for a bit when the Librarian read them a story (uh oh). On Thursday morning she was a little tired and upset and crying when I dropped her off to wait for the bus, Kristy (daycare) told the bus driver that she was a little tired and needed to rest, Kali said I can't fall asleep or I'll have to be on the bus the entire day, the bus driver informed Kali that he would make sure if she did fall asleep that he would wake her up! :) She didn't fall asleep so everything went well! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment