Friday, August 16, 2013

Rodeo

Sunday, August 4th was a new experience for me.  I attended my first rodeo in Alburnett.  It was put on for "Benefit Days".  Most importantly it was Kali and Hoyt's first rodeo that they went to and  participated in...yep...I'm not joking.  They both were so brave and courageous and rode calf's....and they did AWESOME.  They were so fearless!!!  I wish I could say that I had no fear....I was shaking like a leaf when Hoyt got on his first bull (calf).  So, I'm sure my first rodeo won't be our last...I think it will be an annual event!!!

We all know that Hoyt is a cowboy, but Kali is quite the cow girl!!!  Gma Dolores and Daddy went shopping the day before and bought the kids some of their wardrobe to make them look the part!!! Hoyt had a lot of stuff already...but there were a few final touches he needed!! :)  Initially we thought that Kali just wanted to enter to get some new duds....but she followed through.  Look how adorable they looked!!!






 
Daddy even bleached out Hoyt's jeans so it looked like he had a chew can ring.....
 
 
Both the kids were so excited to compete!!  Hoyt was watching the other riders and he was getting so excited, just taking it all in.  He kept tell Chad, "Daddy, I want the BIG BULL."  I couldn't believe it!!  I was so nervous!!! 
 
Hoyt rode first.....here are some action shots...Brianna took so many pictures it was hard to pick just a few!  As you can see the "rodeo clowns" held on to the little ones!
 

 
Hoyt waiving to the crowd...soaking it all in!!

 
He was so determined to ride, he even lost one of his spurs from his boot!!!
 
Kali impressed me a lot.  Daddy told her to hold on to the rope tight!!!  And that she did....as you can see from the below pictures...she never let go of the rope...Kali said the rodeo clown was telling her to let go and she didn't until her feet were on the ground! LOL!!! As you can also see, Kali has a smile on her face the entire time.
 




Waiving to the fans!!!
 
Hoyt was lucky and was able to ride twice because they had an extra calf in the shoot.  It was cute they announced, "Hoyt Washburn for a re-ride."  This was right up Hoyt's alley....When he was in the shoot, he said, "Let's go boys."  IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!
 
 



 
Waiving like Lane Frost from the movie 8 Seconds!!!  He loved waiving at the crowd!!!

 
My little cowboy!!!  I love this pic that Brianna took!



 
We had a great day! Like I said before, I definitely know this won't be our last Rodeo!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment